Location and Date TBD – Please check back soon.
Adding to the success of past Tape Summits, this year we will be adding cloud and big data components to the mix. Tape is making huge inroads into both cloud and big data environments yet many end-users may not be aware of such. We will discuss where tape fits within these areas, how they compliment each other and real world use cases. By combining these technologies into one Summit, we hope to educate our delegates who will then help to educate the marketplace.
Cloud, Big Data & Tape Summit 2013 will put vendors and selected delegates (12-20 industry press, analysts, bloggers, pundits, etc. in each city) together for a complete analysis of the current state of this multi-billion dollar annual market. Details will be provided on new software application functionality as well as the continually evolving hardware functionality that is positioning tape to enjoy a healthy future and growth in many markets.
To register for this event when it becomes available (as an invited end-user, as a delegate or as a vendor) – please click HERE. Vendors will be invoiced separately but still need to register.
Delegates (press, analysts, bloggers, influencers) already requesting to attend include:
- Benjamin Woo – Managing Director, Neuralytix
- Chris Mellor, The Register (** will be remote)
- Chris Preimesberger, eWeek, Associated Press
- Mike Kahn, Clipper Group
- Dave Reine, Clipper Group
- George Crump, Storage Switzerland
- Eric Slack, Storage Switzerland
- Deni Connor, SSG NOW, Information Week, Storage Bytes Now
- Ray Lucchesi, RayOnStorage.com
- Joseph Martins, Data Mobility Group
- Dave Russell, VP Storage, Gartner
- Jo Maitland, GigaOm Pro
- Jason Buffington, ESG
- Dave Simpson, The 451 Group
- Randy Kerns, Evaluator Group
- Others TBD
· End-User Case Studies on Tape Usage in Cloud and Big Data Environments
· Industry Analyst or Pundit Keynote on the State of the Tape industry
· Panels exploring the business cases around Tape in Cloud and Big Data
· Individual company briefings with delegates – as time and schedules allow
· Networking cocktail reception(s) for all delegates and vendors
Nominate one of your end-user customers to speak and attend
We will have a handful of end-user case study time slots – 20 minutes each. Each end-user will also participate in a panel discussion discussing trends, purchasing decisions, issues solved with tape & cloud or big data products, predictions, etc.
Benefits for end-users:
- Intimate setting with full access to the tape & archiving community
- Opportunity to talk to influential, knowledgeable analysts
- Socializing and networking opportunities
- Meeting with peers
Benefits to vendors who bring an end-user
- Good promotion to delegates for your company
- Delegates love to talk to actual customers, write about them, quote them in their articles – great PR opportunity
- Vendor may have the end-user in their private briefing room if desired
- Great way to get closer to your customer
- Be looked at as an industry thought leader
Vendors are encouraged to nominate an end-user to bring with them. Only 5 end-users will be chosen for each.
Quotes from the US Tape Summit 2012:
“The Tape Summit was a great venue for bringing into focus the real-world uses for tape in active archive scenarios.” Floyd Christofferson, Product Marketing Director, SGI.
“A great summit…….the Tandberg Data team truly enjoyed the event, the information that was shared, the interaction, and the networking opportunity that was provided.” Marije Gould, VP Marketing, Tandberg Data
“The Tape Summit is a great forum for taking the pulse of the overall tape industry, and for gaining a better understanding of the growth opportunities — and promising use cases — for tape going forward.” -Dave Simpson, Senior Storage Analyst, The 451 Group
“Tape Summit provides an important and needed venue for thought leaders in tape-based storage to collaborate, share information and plan for the future growth of this critical storage technology. The event is a great blend of structured information sharing, spirited discussion and informal networking opportunities.” Mark Seamans, EVP and CTO, FileTek
“Excellent forum for the industry, can’t wait for the 3rd annual event.” David Cerf, EVP, Crossroads